Calligram Project

Final Project:

For my project, I wanted to do something music related. I used to play the piano and it's one of my favorite instruments, and I thought it would look interesting as a calligram. I wanted to add color and I thought the music notes would look nice and stand out from the black and white. This project took me about six hours to complete. The hardest part for me was getting the text to rotate certain ways, because it mostly wanted to align with the shapes and I couldn't figure out how to get it on a slant. I liked this project a lot more than the canvas project, because it was a lot easier to make shapes with Illustrator than with Dreamweaver. 
Sketch: 
Letter to My Future Self: 

Dear Eva,  

How have you been? I hope the future treated you kindly, and that you’ve achieved everything you used to dream about. Hopefully your new life is enough to keep you from wishing to relive the past. I wish I could know already how everything turned out for you, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough. I can’t believe you graduated college already! I just started five weeks ago and it’s already so amazing. I’m so much happier than I could have ever imagined, and I’m hoping that happiness stayed with you in the future. I’d love to know if all the challenges ended up making you stronger, and if everything you went through was worth it. Do you have any pets? Writing this now, I have four birds, a dog, a bunny, and a bunch of fish. I love the birds so much, and I know I want to get more when I get older, so I’m wondering if you ended up doing that yet. What's your favorite book now? Right now my favorite standalone book is Every Last Word. But I know this changes pretty much every month, so I’m curious what my taste will be like in 20 years. My dream job is to direct a successful movie, so I’m really hoping you’ve done that by now. But even if you haven’t, there’s still so much time. Just remember to enjoy life. Also, make sure you do what you do for yourself. Don't worry so much about what other people are thinking or saying. Make your life what you always wanted it to be, and always put yourself first. Do you have a new favorite movie? Mine is Jojo Rabbit, but I’m always watching movies, and I’m sure my taste will change. Have you traveled anywhere amazing? I know going to Florida after spending your entire life in Ohio was a huge step, but there’s still so much world out there, and I hope you get to see all of it one day. I hope you’re still best friends with Madison, Caitlin, and Maria, and that maybe you’ve made one or two new best friends. Make sure you don’t lose touch with the people most important to you. Remember all the crazy things you did with the cousins growing up? We spent this whole summer together, and they were all so sad that I was going so far. But I call at least one of them every day, and they always have so many funny stories for me. I love living in Florida, but I still hope you live close enough to them again one day. Not being around them is pretty hard. But I know it’s what's best for me right now, and I hope it pays off in the future. Well, that’s about all I have to ask, but I wish you the best! I can’t wait to meet you!  

 
Love always,  
Eva  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere Project

Portfolio

The Internet!